Are you a business located in the Redruth and Pool area of Cornwall looking for a Redruth bookkeeper? Tidal Bookkeeping specialises in helping small businesses from sole traders, partnerships through to limited companies in Redruth, Camborne, Pool, Truro and other areas in Cornwall.
As Redruth bookkeepers we have experience working on several different accounting software platforms including; Xero, Sage and Pandle.
We can arrange to collect paperwork from you or you can arrange to get it to us electronically, alternatively if you have time pop it into our Redruth office. We offer a completely flexible service and like to work closely with our clients to ensure they get the best service from us.
We provide monthly bookkeeping from as little as an hour a month on a flexible basis. You can even combine our bookkeeping service with one of others to get the best support for your business.
We don’t believe in being so unapproachable our clients are worried to speak to us, we offer a friendly and affordable bookkeeping service for clients in the CPR area.
So why should you hire a Redruth bookkeeper?
A bookkeeper is someone who records the financial transactions of your business. They also:
- keep track of sales, purchases, payments and receipts
- work on the design maintenance and review of internal business processes
- organise, collate and record financial data on a day-to-day basis and store this information in general ledgers
- record the financial information of your business in a standard way, so that accountants can also access it.
If you started your own business in the Redruth or surrounding area, it’s likely that you’re passionate about running it and concentrating on the tasks you love doing. But if you’re like most business owners, you’re not so interested in recording all the details of every financial transaction.
For example, imagine you’re a hair salon business owner. You might have:
- a simple business model
- a high transaction rate with lots of customers
- many sales a day – perhaps dozens or more
- supplier invoices for hair products
- sales recorded through cash registers or other POS (point of sale) systems
- staff wages to record and pay.
That’s a lot of information to track and record. And bookkeeping might not be something you enjoy or have time to understand.
Without proper bookkeeping, it would be easy for transactions to go unrecorded, left to pile up until the end of a financial period. Mistakes could be made and important details could be lost or forgotten.
That’s where bookkeepers come in. They can lighten the load on the business. They can take away the day-to-day recording of receipts, invoices and other transactions.
What do bookkeepers actually do?
Bookkeepers are trained and use the same financial recording methods as accountants. They do this so that your accountant can quickly and easily process your financial information. They will:
- Take all your receipts, invoices and other transaction details.
- Record the information in accounting software using proper accounting methods.
- Work with you to make sense of the numbers, for example assigning costs to specific clients.
But there’s more to bookkeeping than recording daily transactions. People who do this work are usually highly skilled at using accounting software.
They will be able to advise you on:
- payroll services to simplify the way you pay your staff
- bookkeeping rescue work, tidying up mistakes made by inexperienced staff
- training for small business on using accounting software.
They can also offer day-to-day support for small business owners. In fact a good bookkeeper is your partner in keeping things running smoothly within your business.
Interested to find out more about our bookkeping service? Please use our contact page or call 01209 702920.